Thursday, October 26, 2017

October 23,3017 Email ;D

Lost inLangley: The Saga continues!

Hey y'all! :D

Oh this week has been such an amazing adventure! I'd love to start with my beautiful companion!!! Sister Bloomfield is the sweetest ray of sunshine! She's been out for two transfers, and is just on fire! I know I am going to learn so much from her this transfer! She truly is amazing!! <3 

We are a lot in common in the fact that we have NO IDEA how to get from point A to point B without a GPS! XD And...we didn't have a GPS when we got here. So first order of business was: buy a GPS! So we did...day 2. And then getting in the car on day 3, I got in and rested my arm on the middle console = where it was with the cord sticking out.....and severed the charge cord!! The GPS was out of commission after like 24 hours!! Dang Sister Van Valkenburg!! It's okay, though because the Lord always provides! After getting lost in the rain for a solid hour or two on foot...we wandered into a gas station where I was prompted to buy a USB/car charger converter thingie and we were able to use the computer hookup cable thingie as a charger!! Miracles!!! :D 

Also, funny story: We dropped by a member family in the Brookswood ward and found out that it was their son's 8th birthday!! We tried to make the visit short and sweet to respect their family time, and the sweetest thing: they had the 4-year-old come in with some birthday cupcakes (the mini Halloween ones of course) and take them to us as the guests! The birthday boy watched as the 4-year-old graciously held out the cupcakes to me and Sister Bloomfield. I said no thank you, and as the little boy tried to walk past me, I tried to help because the cupcakes were a little wibbley wobbly....and down on the carpet went ALL the cupcakes!!! -.- Oh man!! such an adventure!! We quickly cleaned up, shared a birthday scripture with the boy, said a prayer, and ran out! Welcome to the ward!! Ahh! XD 

Wow this week has been full of so much fun and so many miracles, though! We were able to find some families to teach and meet the sweetest ward members! We are working on figuring out the area, as we are covering 2 wards, 2 stakes, 2 zones! So fun! We are the first sisters back into the Willoughby ward for some time now, and the Relief Society President especially is so stoked!! We were able to sit down with her this week and get like 20 names to go see!! The work here is just about to boom!! SO exciting!! 

I am so grateful to be here, so blessed to be surrounded in the arms of His love each and every day!! I have been studying the life of Jesus Christ as a transfer goal...and wow! I am just so grateful! 

Have a wonderful week everyone!!! Love you all!!

Sister Van Valkenburg
 
As a goodbye present, I got my nails painted by sweet Ricky (6) while Irish (2) did my hair. No pic needed for the hair XD
It rains here like every day!! So beautiful with all the leaves changing color as well! Here's a pic with my SOAKED shoes! haha! :D

Oh the things you find in your pantry when you get transferred! Chocolate quinoa?!?!? 

No comments:

Post a Comment