Monday, April 10, 2017

April 10,2107 Email :D

OH man!! It has been such a good week!! :D :D The sun is coming out, the rain is...well it's still here, but it doesn't bother me as much, I've got tan lines showing up on my feet, a little color in my cheeks, and the spirit is abounding everywhere!!! :D We had interviews with President Burt, Zone Conference, and Stake Conference! Wow! So good!

SO here is a smorgasbord of thoughts!

A quote I read the other day in the Adjusting to Missionary Life booklet stuck out to me! It says: "Worrying can be a way of mentally practicing failure." One of those no brainers that is worded in a way that you go...wow! :O I love it! One of the things I think comes as a side-effect of trusting completely in the Lord is that you don't worry as much! Another side-effect is that we are more successful in things that we seek to accomplish! I love it! :D 

Yesterday, Sister Thurber and I were having a companionship study in the car before a dinner with some members, and when we went to start the car, it wouldn't start! NO, the car wasn't on when we were doing our study! We tried it a couple of more times and the engine just wouldn't turn over! SO of course we said a prayer! After the prayer, the car started right up on the first try! We were able to get to our dinner appointment exactly on time! Heavenly Father loves His children so much! Even in the little things! :D

Also yesterday, we were walking up a long driveway to a house and a dog started barking at us. Nothing new, we just kept going. A lady called from inside the house that we she wasn't interested in our message, that she was staying inside to be safe from the dog, and that we needed to walk slowly away from the dog and up the driveway because it would attack us. She was nice about it...just concerned about our safety. We promptly turned around and started walking slowly up the driveway. The dog was still growling and barking, and I looked back for a minute, just to see it run at my companion, and then suddenly stop like it hit a wall. It was so cool! I don't know why that dog stopped, but it was a testimony to me that Heavenly Father really protects us! :D

Another story! During Zone Conference, President Burt taught a little bit out of Alma 50, about Captain Moroni being prepared for the Lamanite attacks with his digging ditches and building walls, etc. We learned that we need to be prepared in all things! :D So, applying this, Sister Thurber and I planned to see a less active member of the ward on Saturday, without contacting her ahead of time. We didn't have any lessons planned for Saturday, but we wrote her in, made a lesson plan, and planned a whole area of people we were going to go see and streets to knock around her house. We prepared! Before we even left the house to carry out our plans, SHE called US to see if we could come see her and have a lesson with her! And we did! It was such a testimony to me that if we prepare, Heavenly Father will provide a way for us to carry out His work! WOW!!

Something fun: Saturdays are walking days! SO, we try to use our car very sparingly on Saturdays. Sister Thurber and I, when knocking the streets we planned around the lady above, walked up a big hill. And by big hill, I mean it took a good 20 minutes to get to the top so we could talk to some more people! So not huge, but enough that we were just a little bit tired at the top! ;) As we were plodding along, I turned to Sister Thurber and I said "Conference application! When we are too tired to walk, we run!" (Elder Gary B. Sabine's father) So, we decided to run to the top! We started off, and were almost collapsing in laughter about 5 seconds in! We didn't realize how tired we were, and both couldn't get our bodies to run up the hill!! You had to be there, but we were just the most awkward runners! Hahahaha...so that's one of the ways we are applying conference! XD How about you? ;) 

It has just been such a good week! I love this gospel!! I know it's true!! I know that because of Jesus Christ, we can all be resurrected! We can all be forgiven of our sins! We can wake up every morning knowing that it is going to be a good day, no matter what happens, because He has already lived it before us! :D I love my Savior and I know He lives!! Check out this video if you have a chance! It's so good! We are trying to share it with everyone we meet! Happy Easter this week!! :D

Love,
Sister Van Valkenburg

It was raining and I got DRENCHED!! You can't really tell in the picture, but Sister Thurber just had to take one!  

Beautiful beautiful West Kelowna. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment