Monday, April 24, 2017

April 24,1017 Email :D

HELLLOOOOOO EVERYBODY!!!!! :D 

How has your week been? Good?! GOOD!!! Wow I am just so full of energy today!! 😄 It has been an amazing week! I only have a couple thoughts this week, as it was one of those crazy fly-by weeks where everything happened, but nothing happened...ya know? 

A thought from last week that I forgot to share...in sacrament meeting a member of the ward was left with like 3 minutes to speak. He got up, and shared a simple thought that was so cool! He said that once upon a time he was in Yugoslavia and was driving on a really narrow mountain road. He saw what he said was one of the most clear cut signs he had ever seen. It has a picture of a hand and next to the hand it said something like 50 Kilometers. There was another hand underneath it, but it was a skeleton hand. It said 100 Kilometers. He talked about the importance of staying safe and following the Lord, that following His guidelines will keep us on the right path, and that if we try to go our own way, or own speed, things could get a little...well...not okay. :) I love it! 😁

Also, this week as I was standing on a doorstep waiting for someone to answer the door, I noticed a sign in the window. It was to tell us that they had video surveillance of their property..but it was worded in a way that made me think. It said "Your presence is being recorded." Like whoa. It was a little light bulb moment where I recognized that everything I do is being recorded, not only on the level that I need to constantly be representing Jesus Christ and His church because we don't know who is watching...but Heavenly Father! My life is dedicated to Him. I am always wanting to make Him proud, to do His will and be worthy of the experiences with His children that will bring them closer to Him and He is always watching! Just a reminder to me to always be my best self!! 

Which brings me to something AWESOME!! This week we had district meeting and were presented with our baptismal goal theme as a zone for the month of May. We all prayed as a zone for what our goal should be for how many people will be baptized. We came up with the number 4. Then, our zone leaders prayed and decided on a theme that would help us reach that goal. Kind of like a motivational catch phrase. They came up with *drum roll* 24/7! And they had us read D&C 24:7 

For thou shalt devote all thy service in Zion; and in this thou shalt have strength.  

We talked about giving Heavenly Father our ALL for this goal and they pointed out...all = 24/7. All of our time and energy! And then they said WOW It's D&C chapter 24 verse 7! 24/7!! I just love it! I know that as we work to give our Heavenly Father our best, we will be able to reach this goal! 

Another something this week..there is a less active family that we were able to go teach this week, and we had some active members come with us that are friends with them. The Less Active family we visited has a really steep, narrow, sharply curved driveway and a small area for parking on the top. We parked at the top and were kind of closed in by walls and cars. So, in order to get out of the driveway, it required a lot of readjusting and switching from drive to reverse, etc. After our lesson, we had to hurry and leave to our next appointment, and the friends stayed together to chat. As I was getting in the car, I looked up and all of them had come out on the balcony to watch the show! They even took their drinks and started giving pointers and cheering us on! XD No pressure as the driver! Hahaha thankfully, we got out of there safely and efficiently and there aren't any dents in any of the cars or walls. XP

Wow! Aren't we so blessed?! We know of the restored gospel and how to partake of it! We know that we have a Heavenly Father who love us SO much! We know of Jesus Christ and His sacrifice for us and we have the privilege of having such an intimate relationship with them! I am so grateful for the knowledge that I have of these things and the countless blessings that I receive each day! I love you all! Have an amazing week!

Love,
Sister Van Valkenburg

24/7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment