Wednesday, November 15, 2017

November 6,2017 Email :D

Wowie wow wow! God is just so good :) 

This week was so good! But for the sake of time and all I only have a couple of things to say. :)

One: Scripture that I love! Sister Bloomfield pointed it out to me this week and I just love it!

Alma 36:5
"Now, behold, I say unto you, if I had not been born of God I should not have known these things; but God has, by the mouth of his holy angel, made these things known unto me, not of any worthiness of myself."

We talked about how despite any "worthiness" we are ALWAYS worthy of gaining a testimony! No matter what level we are in life, spiritually, mentally, physically, emotionally...He will lift us. And we are always worthy of a testimony!

A really fun, really cool experience that we had:
Marilou (the lady we found in the church parking lot) had such a good lesson with us last week! We had a ward couple with us and the lesson was just SO GOOD!!! She said she would be at church on Sunday, but come 9:15 she wasn't there and we had Ward Council in another ward...so we went into our meeting. About 30 min later, we got a text from the Elders. "Marilou is here and she's bearing her testimony!!" We bolted out of Ward Council as fast as we could!! We only caught the closing song...but as we walked up to see her, she was just swarmed with members congratulating her and introducing themselves to her! She was invited to dinner, people asked if they could come to lessons with her, it was amazing!! Talking to the Elders later, they told us that in her testimony she had talked about us (calling me "Sister Vah Vah Voom" because she can't say my name) and said that everyone in their testimonies had been saying that the church is true and she thinks they are right! She has found the true church! It was such an amazing experience!!

I am so grateful for my Heavenly Father and His son, Jesus Christ! I know that they are truly in the details of the details of the details of our lives!!

Love you all!

Sister Van Valkenburg

ps. Thank you to those who sent pics of your cute kiddos! Made my day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment