Monday, November 20, 2017

November 20,2017 Email :D

Yikes! The title of this email gives me the shivers! This week I hit 10 months in my mission life and 20 years in my time here on earth. CRAZY!!! 

Update on last week's zone activity (when we were Griffindor) we had so much fun! We did Minute to Win It games and other challenges competing as Districts. Go team Griffindor! 

This week we had a fun miracles! We got a call from some Elders in Merit asking about a lady that lives here that used to investigate the church. Apparently she has family in Merit. It was awesome! We got in contact with her and saw her the next day! She is so awesome! She wants to be baptized on her birthday in December! We set that as her date and are so excited to see her again! It was such a testimony to me that Heavenly Father looks out for us...no matter what!

Yesterday, we got the special opportunity to watch the Face to Face broadcast with Elder Oaks and Elder Ballard! WOW!!! It was so special! Sister Bloomfield and I walked away (Well, ran..in the rain...to get to an appointment) with so much gratitude! We both, though not expecting it, got so many questions answered that we didn't even realize we had! I highly recommend it to any and all that didn't watch it! Something that stood out to me was their comments on the balance between agency and inspiration, and when asked how to keep balance between worldly and spiritual life...answering that EVERY day is a spiritual day! We need to live a spiritual life in a temporal world. :) It's truly all about balance! I know that when we lean on the Savior, we are truly in balance!

Sorry this week is short! I'll try to make up for it with some pictures!!

This is Sister Archibald and Sister Buur!!! (pronounced "boo-uh" She's from Denmark! I love her!) They came to our apartment Wednesday morning and made us breakfast for my birthday!! I love them so much and am so grateful for their example to me!!! We are moving in together sometime this week or next!! So exciting!!!
Documenting my birthday continues...I asked the Elders if we could take a picture after District Meeting. It was a good meeting! Though we are all slightly stiff in the picture!! haha
Anyone that knows me well probably knows that I do not enjoy seafood! What did I want for lunch on my birthday? Sushi. So we went to Walmart (for the sake of time..) and got some sushi and ate it in the car! Comp goals!!

Whilst walking to the car with our sushi, a man came up to us asking if we had ever heard of this funky gym thing called Orange Theory trying to get us to join! we graciously accepted the free guest passes to the gym and as we walked away felt prompted to talk to him still. I turned around and said "Have you ever heard about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints?" we sparked up a conversation and invited him to the broadcast! We got his number, gave him a pamphlet, and said we would see him Sunday! How fun!! Heavenly Father works in mysterious ways!!

No comments:

Post a Comment