Monday, March 5, 2018

March 3,2018 Email :D

Vancouver, Eh?

Hi Y'all! 
This week is going to be super short, I am so sorry!
But this week was crazy and amazing! So super super busy and it has been a blast! The best part of the week (one of the best parts) was going to Vancouver for MLC!! Oh my goodness I love flying and I love Vancouver and I love missionary meetings!! :D It was so fun being around my old stomping grounds! As we had a few hours for contacting while we were there, Sister Killick and I rushed to a SkyTrain station and zipped down to see the Mims! Oh it was so good to see them! I love them dearly!! <3 We were able to call a couple other old friends to say hello and it was so good to reconnect! Vancouver will always hold a special place in my heart! <3

At MLC, we were trained on a lot of things, but one of my favorites by far was a video we watched about an Emu. (which I thought was an ostrich for the entirety of the video and for a few minutes after...but that's fine. If somebody could look up the difference between the two and email me, it would be muchly appreciated) During the video of the emu, it goes to a picnic table and seeks to get some human munchies...and somehow gets some Virtual Reality goggles strapped to its face!! OH MY GOODNESS!! As it watches through the goggles, it sees the sky and envisions itself flying. It flaps its wings and runs around the other emus, in its sleep it is practicing to fly, in the morning again, it tries and fails to fly. The other emus think its crazy. Finally, one day, it actually takes off and flies off into the sunset as the other emus watch. Of course, we know that emus can't fly. BUT. That is the point! How many limits do we put on ourselves when we know that through God we can accomplish the impossible?! When the emu finally took off, finally flew into the sky, it did not have the VR goggles on. It had a clear vision already of where it wanted to be and how it was going to get there! I am personally applying this to my life by striving to have a vision of what Heavenly Father can help me to become and aiming for the sky! I will be the first emu to fly out here in the Canada Vancouver mission! Watch me! 

Also, still going strong with the music! I had the change to sing in a quartet "Because He Lives" 2 times at MLC. The spirit was so strong! I was also able to put together a small number of "Savior, Redeemer of my Soul" sung by 5 missionaries as I accompanied for a fireside last night. We had an amazing turnout with 3 potential investigators there and a few recent converts and less active members. God is so good!! :D

I love you all and encourage you to find an emu plan! How can you get into the sky?!
Sister Van Valkenburg

On splits with Sister Flukiger and Jensen in Vancouver! We took a selfie in a really fancy washroom
WE FOUND A MOOSE IN VANCOUVER AIRPORT!!!!
We were SO TIRED after our trip to Vancouver! Here is Sister Killick in the airport as we waited to be picked up and taken home.XD

No comments:

Post a Comment