Monday, February 26, 2018

February 26,2018 Email :D

Chicken Scream

Oh my goodness everyone!! This week has been so crazy!! 

It started out with me saying goodbye to all my dear friends in the Nechako Ward. It was interesting doing so because I literally was just moving to the other ward in the building...so it's like...I would still see them. :) We had a fun dinner at Bishop Krell's house! He lives up in the boonies and we drove out for some ham he had raised himself! Delicious! During the meeting, he pulled out an iPad and insisted that we play a game called "Chicken Scream." Have y'all heard of that? You cluck like a chicken to move this little chicken through obstacles. If anyone walked into their house at that moment, they would see a very confused Sister Missionary clucking her heart out at an iPad! XD Goodness gracious! 

Right after that dinner, we hustled down to the church building to a Relief Society activity on the 5 languages of love. Once again, I was put on the spot to stand in front of everyone and have people guess what my love languages were! Hahaha! So that was fun. It was a cute activity with a wonderful turn out, and we had some investigators come! Woohoo!! :D

Also this week, we had a Filipino culture night with the two wards combined. We had many nonmembers and less active members come, and enjoyed an evening of food, culture, music and dance! It was a huge hit! So stinking fun! 

This week I had a really cool experience that helped me to truly reflect on how the Lord answers prayers. For my Book of Mormon focus this time through, I have made it a goal to study in depth for a straight 30 minutes each day, with an objective to receive revelation for myself and for others each time. To liken the scriptures. The other morning as I prayed to start, I knew I was going to be studying Jacob 5. I prayed that Heavenly Father would help me to see a way that I could strengthen our zone here in Prince George and opened my scriptures. As I read the words of Isaiah, everything was crystal clear of ways I can cultivate this area, the way that the Lord was working with individual companionships, and how we can have a clear vision for the future of this area. I was floored! Heavenly Father truly is a God of miracles and will speak directly to us! We just need to ask, and then seek!

Also this week, Sister Killick and I had an amazing miracle! Within 30 minutes we were able to set two baptismal dates! We did so by simply following the plans we were inspired to write down in our planners and the lessons we were prompted to teach! Most importantly, we just weren't shy about bringing up the word "baptism." It is a gift from God to come closer to Him and find greater happiness in life! Who doesn't want that?! And why was I so nervous before to offer this gift to others? It was such a miracle that I will never forget!

I love you all! I am so graetful for all that Heavenly Father has given me and will strive each day to cultivate the area of the vineyard He has called me to serve in!

Sister Van Valkenburg

Doing the CPR (church, pray, ready) cup activity! I love this object lesson! When we use our three knives (prayer, scripture study, church attendance) intertwined together...we can support a lot of weight! :D

​We accidentally left he window open over night...oops!

inside my desk from Nechako. Missionaries sign it when they leave<3
"The joy we feel has little to do with the circumstances of our lives and everything to do with the focus of our lives." - President Russel M Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment