Tuesday, April 3, 2018

April 3,2018 Email :D

I Promise I'm Still Alive!
Hello everyone!! Golly gee whiz it has been a while!!  We moved our last P-day because of zone p-day and zone conference..and then we had our P-day moved to today for Easter! Haha! But wow we have had such a wonderful week! Between Easter, General Conference and plenty of time to do missionary work, we had a ton of fun seeking for and teaching Heavenly Father's children! 

First things first, DID YOU JUST LOVE GENERAL CONFERENCE?!? Oh my goodness participating in the Solemn Assembly was such an uplifting, spiritual experience! I am so grateful for our living prophet today who receives SO MUCH inspiration of how to move the Lord's work forward! I mean...one can only drop so many mics in General Conference!! hahaha It is just evidence to me that Heavenly Father is truly hastening His work here! I am so grateful to be out on a MISSION at this time!! :D Here on the front lines, we are able to see so many miracles as we follow the counsel of our leaders!! I know that you can too! 

Transfers have come! Sister Killick and I are staying here together in Fraser, Prince George!! Yay!!! :D We are going to see so many miracles! Not many people in our zone family are changing as well! Woohoo!!

There are a couple analogies I would love to share..but have such short time!! I will type as fast as I can and see what we can share. :) 

The first is a thought from Zone Conference. :) We talked about the Brother of Jared and the barges that he was to build to cross the ocean. Many times we talk about the light and how Christ is the light that keeps us going through the wind and the waves. But this time we talked about how once we are completely in the boat, they literally were at the mercy of the wind and the waves. No ability to see at all. But completely in the hands of the Lord. President Wong asked us if we were the last person to get in, our job would be to push off the barge into the water. Would we stay on the shore and wave goodbye, or would we run and jump in as it floats away, trusting completely in the Lord? I want to run and jump in. I know that He will lead me to the promised land!! Provers 3:5-6 

This last week I went to Triple O's and had my first Triple O's burger. They're a big deal up here in BC. I didn't know what I wanted to order, though, and since the person I was ordering from is a potential investigator, friends with one of our nechako investigators, I asked him to surprise me. Order for me. He brought out a delicious chicken burger that I thoroughly enjoyed, and explained that it was on the secret menu! It got me thinking. Many restaurants have secret menus, but the ingredients they use are no secret to us! They use the same ingredients they use for other menu items, but just in a different order. It's like that with the gospel. We know all the ingredients that will make us happy and help us to learn. But when we go through the Spirit, we can receive revelation especially for us. We receive a different combo specifically for us, we just need to ask!

I am out of time!! I love you all!!! Have an amazing week applying General Conference!!
love,
Sister Van Valkenburg

I didn't fit...so I made it work!!

My mission mom (Sister Thurber whom I love dearly) sent this to me!! SO FUN


No comments:

Post a Comment