Monday, April 9, 2018

April 9,2018 Email :D

Revelation Upon Revelation 

Hello hello!
Wowza! Whenever we have P-day on Tuesday, the next Monday seems to come just so much faster! This next week will especially go by faster because I will be emailing you on Friday...will give you more details later on...:) 

So another reason this week FLEW by was because we had MLC! So off Sister Killick and I went to Vancouver on Thursday, and came back Friday. In the morning while we were packing, I started taking all the proselyting stuff out of my bag, except a few mormon.org cards. We were just going down for a meeting and coming back up anyway! But I felt the impression to pack a Book of Mormon and one of each of the first pamphlets. When we got on the plane, I took my seat next to a nice gentleman named Paul and we started talking! He is amazing!! He has two kids, just a year behind me and my brother with the same age gap. He told me about his family, his job, his religious beliefs, and more! He told me that he had packed a book to read on the flight (1 hour 15 min) but that when he looked in his carry on, he couldn't find it. God works in mysterious ways, hey? :) We talked the entire flight, asking and answering questions, and by the end of the flight he had a copy of the Book of Mormon and the first few pamphlets we give to people. ALL relevant to answer the questions he had asked. Following a prompting, I said I had a challenge for him. He had mentioned that missionaries will come to his street, but had never knocked on his door. I said "The next time that you see missionaries, invite them in and ask them to share a message with you. I promise you that you will receive answers to questions you may not have even asked." He accepted the challenge, and asked if it would be a good idea to feed the missionaries as well! Who does that?!  Of course, I answered with the affirmative! ;) Paul is golden. As we spoke, the Spirit was so strong, and I was waiting for him to say "Gotcha! I'm a member of the 70!" But it never came. What made me worthy of such an amazing experience? What qualified me, a little sister missionary from St. George, the opportunity to sit next to Paul on that flight? I have pondered and prayed about this experience many times since Thursday, and I have summed it up to Heavenly Father's love. He wants ALL of us to feel of His eternal love. He wants ALL of us to experience the Spirit working in our lives. He needed Paul to know that He is there! He needed me to remember the same. And I am so incredibly grateful to be a tool in His hands that day, and forever. :) 

Another amazing experience I am SUPER excited for is this coming weekend! On Friday, Elder Bednar will be in Vancouver meeting all of the missionaries in our mission! It will be an impromptu 3 hour session with one of the Lord's chosen Apostles! Everyone in our entire mission will be there! ....except for my zone. We will be here in Prince George. BUT on Saturday, Elder Bednar is coming to Prince George! He will be in my chapel, in my Relief Society room to meet our stake and members! Us missionaries (18 of us in the Prince George stake) will get to meet him personally! I have been asked to play the piano for the hymns and a special musical number if he asks. I am so honored and excited to meet an Apostle of the Lord!! :D I KNOW that Heavenly Father has chosen and ordained him to serve as an apostolic witness of Him and our Savior Jesus Christ! What an incredible opportunity for us! This is why I will be emailing on Friday instead of next Monday. :)


One of the sweetest people in the universe, Ellen, crocheted me this sweet scripture bag!! I am so excited and so grateful! She's the best!! :D

I hope you all have an amazing week and recognize the miracles that Heavenly Father blesses you with! There are so many!! :D

love,
Sister Van Valkenburg

No comments:

Post a Comment