Tuesday, May 22, 2018

May 22nd,2018 Email :D

OH my STINKIN goodness!!!! 
Before I even start on my week I would love to give a shoutout to my brother, Jayden! He got his mission call and has been called to serve in the India Bengaluru mission!!! I am so proud of him and know that he is going to be an amazing missionary!! He already is! <3 

As for my week, we have seen so many miracles! We started the crazy transfer week with saying goodbye to friends with Sister Killick, sending her on her way to Victoria YSA (She is killin it!) And picking up my new companion, Sister Buur!! For anyone who remembers my past areas, Sister Buur was one of my STL's and I lived with her in the same basement suite in Langley!!! <3 We have already spent Christmas and New Years together and since she will be going home to Denmark just one transfer after me, we will be spending the ends of our missions together! I love her dearly and can't wait to see what Heavenly Father has in store for us!! 

Last Sunday, Sister Killick and I met some East Indian guys walking down the street and invited them to come play volleyball with us. They readily accepted! Come Wednesday, we had a volleyball game going at the church with 80% nonmembers and about the same percentage all East Indian!! It was awesome!! We were able to play and make friends, and some even came again on Friday to play basketball! It was such a miracle!!

We enjoyed crashing 3 Family Home Evenings this week (by invitation) and contacting in new places! On Thursday we were blessed to find 5 new investigators! 2 of our friends came to church on Sunday!

Yesterday, we went to play beach volleyball with some ward members and their friends and thoroughly enjoyed it! The members we were playing with have a little boy that just turned 1! As we were leaving, we met a sweet single mom with a 1 year old daughter! We were able to testify of how the gospel blesses families and were able to set up an appointment to see her with the ward member for a playdate/lesson on Friday! Super excited!!! 

My testimony has been so strengthened this week as I have acted in faith and prayed diligently for the miracles that I know Heavenly Father can bless us with! They have come every time!

I love this gospel, I love being a missionary, and I love each and every one of you!!
love,
Sister Van Valkenburg
Beautiful lake on the hike Sister Killick and I went on last week!
PG man! Drive by this dude about every day!
Outside a member's home we had dinner with :) Love them!
Selfies with Sister Buur!

No comments:

Post a Comment