Monday, May 7, 2018

May 7,2018 Email :D

Thy Will Be Done

Hello everyone!!!! 
Today will be a bit shorter...so sorry! I am spending more time on individual emails..have a lot on my mind! But this week has been amazing! The weather has been getting nicer every day, and we had the chance to go to MLC again in Vancouver! It is such an amazing experience every time and the Spirit is so incredibly strong!

If you have ever heard the mutual theme song for I believe it was 2017...Thy Will Be Done...you will have heard the song I have sung or played the piano for many musical numbers throughout my mission. It is beautiful. For MLC I was able to accompany a couple Elders who sang it for the musical number. They were asked to sing it 3 times throughout the 8 hour meeting and the whole theme centered around our commitment to Heavenly Father and aligning our will with His. Think about it. Who else knows you perfectly and can help you get to where you need to be? If we want to help a child of God enter the waters of baptism, He will help us because it is HIS will!!! So why don't we ask Him how to do it and just do it His way? It's an amazing thought. We were asked to study the scripture D&C 58:31-33 in preparation. It's amazing. Read it, love it, live it! 

My perspective on life and my goals of accomplishment have gradually shifted throughout my mission. It's amazing to look back and see the meaning behind my goals then, and the meaning behind them now. There is a depth that can only be added by Heavenly Father. I am striving continually to align my will to His. Only then will I be successful in becoming who I need to be!

I love you all! Have an amazing week!!! Happy Mother's Day!
love,
Sister Van Valkenburg

Pictures:
garden update!
Another picture from Elvis's baptism!

No comments:

Post a Comment