Sunday, July 9, 2017

June 19,2017 Email :D

​​​​​​​​Hello hello!
I have arrived! I'm here! I made it! I'm in the big city! I wanted to sing "Good Morning [Vancouver]!" But that's the wrong word and it's apostate...so I didn't ;) (Apostate doesn't mean it's bad, just that I'm not supposed to sing it on my mission. No worries folks! you can still sing it all you want) Wow! I'm here! Can you tell how well my brain is working right now? No bueno! I'm still so overwhelmed but so excited! And there is peace in my heart for sure! I know that I am where Heavenly Father needs me to be! Day 1, I actually took a greyhound up here to Vancouver! Along with what seemed like the rest of my zone in Kelowna! Hahah we had a lot of transfers! But I was able to come up with beautiful Sister Limb, who got transferred to Delta! She's going to be amazing! We said goodbye to our companions (love you Sister Miller!) and got on the bus around 8. Along the way, everyone got off the bus and at the last stop I sallied forth to meet my new Sister Training Leaders! Sister Hunt and Sister Herd are the best! I'm so excited to be working with them this transfer! I was SO PUMPED to be with them! I knew that my "trainee" wouldn't get here until Wednesday and I wouldn't meet her Thursday, so I had 2 days to learn the ropes from these lovely missionaries! Psych! I was paired up with Sister Zhang, Mandarin speaking YSA, while waiting for my companion! She is so cute!! Sadly, I don't have any pictures, but we just had a blast together! She was also waiting for her new companion. I learned a bit of mandarin, which turns out is really needed here, where like 90% of the population is Asian!

The day finally came on Thursday, where I was able to meet my new companion! Introducing: Sister Kim! Hailing from South Korea, she is so beautiful and sweet! No, she did not know English before the MTC, so we are going to have fun as I teach her not only missionary work, but English as well! :O And maybe I will be able to learn some Korean while we're at it! ;) Heavenly Father definitely has some miracles up His sleeve for this transfer, I can just feel it! :D

We have been able to visit some members in the hospital, meet the wonderful ward, and just contact everywhere! Some of the contacting has been on purpose, and some has been on accident...as we don't have a car or GPS! We have bus routes and a sky train! It has been a real adventure learning how to get around Vancouver for sure! It just blows my mind as we walk around how much love I feel for each individual person! I am so grateful for the calling of being a missionary here! There are so many people to talk to and so many lives to help turn to God! It is such a privilege being able to bear testimony to everyone I see that I have in my possession a book that can change their lives and a gospel that has been restored with the book that will bless them more abundantly than they could imagine! There will never be a shortage of people to talk to here, that's for sure and I'm so grateful for that!

Keep reading the Book of Mormon! It will change your life! And something that has really helped me this week, in probably the most stressful week of my mission, know that God has a plan. Know that He will take care of you. Know that despite how inadequate you may feel or how lost, He will always know exactly who you are, where you are, and where you are headed. I'm so grateful for the gospel! I'm so grateful for each and every one of yoU!

love,
Sister Van Valkenburg


Sister Clark, my MTC companion, is also training!! It was soooo good to see her again!
Our new companions were also MTC companions!!!!! They're both named Sister Kim!! Go figure!!! :O
What do you do when you're waiting in the elevator?! Hahah I love my sweet companion!!! She's SO GOOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment