Tuesday, January 2, 2018

January 2,2018 Email :D

Happy, happy New Year everybody!!! I celebrated by going in at 6, as per instructed, and deep cleaned the apartment!! Then I went to bed at 10:30. That's after midnight somewhere, hey? XD 

Just a heads up...not much to talk about this week! 

We enjoyed celebrating a lot this year, going to parties for the new year with some single women in the ward, eating dinner with other members, and making plans for the new year! It's going to be such a good year!! We have plans in each stake I'm serving in to prepare the members to find! It's going to be so good!!

I was at one of these New Years parties and they were passing around pizza, which I gladly accepted! I chose the one that had "everything on it" and turns out...it had SHRIMP on it!! Who does that??!?! *sigh* It wasn't that bad. :) 

I had a cool experience in Gospel Principles this week! The whole lesson was on Heavenly Father. Who He is, and what that means to us. We all were going around reading the strips of paper with conversation questions and scriptures, and the teacher walked up to me across the room and kind of discretely handed me a glass ball about the size of a tennis ball. I didn't know what to do with it, so I just kind of hid it in my lap. Later in the lesson, she asked me to hold it up and on the spot give an analogy of how it could represent God. I was blessed to think about how I knew the ball was there, and everyone there had the possibility of seeing it...but nobody did. But once they saw it, they couldn't deny that it was there! Just like that, if we aren't searching for Heavenly Father in our life, we may not see Him. But once we know He is there, which He always is, we cannot deny it!! <3 I'm so grateful for this knowledge...that I have a loving Heavenly Father who has provided everything for me! And, as one of the Elders in the meeting said, the only way he knows Heavenly Father is through His son, Jesus Christ!! 

I love you all! Happy New Year!!!
Sister Van Valkenburg

No comments:

Post a Comment