Monday, January 22, 2018

January 22,2018 Email :D

This week is going to be super short and I am so so sorry it is! We had a crazy week this week and saw miracles! One of which is that the weather is SO WARM!! It was like -1 or -2 for most of the week! We weren't even wearing coats knocking doors! ...some of the time anyway. ;) 

One of the days this week I was knocking a street with Sister Gallagher, and nobody was home...and if they were, they were not interested. We decided to say a prayer to know where Heavenly Father would have us go to make His time productive. As we prayed, I felt peace. But nothing came to mind of where we should go. We decided to pray again. During the second prayer, two young boys walked down the street and were talking to each other. We overheard "Hey, that's Paul's house! I love Paul" "Yeah, that's Paul's house!"  We finished the prayer, and went to Paul's house. Paul turns out to be a man in his 30's that was taking the discussions about 10 years ago and is interested in learning again! We were able to set a return appointment and sent the Elders over! WOW!! The power of prayer! It really built my testimony that Heavenly Father answers every prayer!

We had another fun experience this week! Late Saturday night we were sitting in our car, just about to drive home, and our phone started buzzing like crazy! 15 text messages at once! It was a very detailed media referral! We were freaking out!! A sweet mom who is less active that has a nonmember husband and 2 kids that have been asking questions. She wants us to teach them! We were so pumped and looked up in the GPS where they live so we could plan it in for Sunday to go meet them. They live in Mackenzie!! 2 hours away!! (yes, that is still our area) So we ended up just calling and will be skyping the lessons with them! How exciting!!

Also, I hit my one year mark this week! We celebrated by eating popcorn and M&Ms and watching Labor of Love. Partay! It's amazing to think that I have been here for a year...thinking back on all that I have experienced this past time....I am so grateful for all that Heavenly Father has blessed me with and the lives of those I have been able to touch, and those that have touched mine! I know that this church is true. I know it because I strive every day to live and apply it to my life! And that is when the Spirit testifies to me of its truth. I love Jesus Christ! I know that through Him I can have eternal happiness with my family forever! How great is our calling to share that joy with the world! 

I love you all!
Sister Van Valkenburg

You can't tell really well in the picture, but our hair will freeze out here and turn white! Haha we have had people comment on doorsteps that we are getting old out here or say "How long have
you been outside?!" Hahaha so funny!
Sushi strikes again! Avocado rolls and spicy California rolls! Let's go!
It's not Mario Cart...it's Mario Hart! Hahah...hehe...I thought I was so funny taking this picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment